About Chris Dadd
Chris Dadd is a father of 3 and a serial entrepreneur having launched many successful internet and mobile services for blue-chip companies and start-ups around the world. Ideation, incubation and the great outdoors are his passions. He loves adventures in the mountains and has climbed many – the highest being Mount Kilimanjaro; in 2021 he’s hiking to Everest Base Camp. Chris has been running his own company since 2011 and this includes website design, product strategy, team leadership and leading outdoor adventures.
Over the last 3 years he’s been working with startups who are pioneering Bitcoin, Ethereum and blockchain technologies, creating a new e-commerce payment wallet for Visa and building many websites for businesses.
Chris Dadd’s achievements as an interim exec from his own innovation company and in other roles:
- won a design award for a new internet company that uses artificial intelligence to guide visitors with an avatar
- designed, created and launched more than 60 websites for companies across as many industries
- significantly grew the multi-million mobile app business for Avis Budget Group across EMEA
- diversified Ukash (now Skrill) for sale, with the first cardless cash withdrawals, money transfer with Moneygram, a prepaid travel Mastercard
- reimagined and created new digital marketing identity for YourGx payments innovation association, now known as the Emerging Payments Association
- board advisor to movylo.com, a mobile marketing promotions company
- identified £30m value for Royal Bank of Scotland Group (owns NatWest) across mobile CRM, mobile commerce (payments/remittances) and mobile advertising/marketing hub
- delivered the real-time IBM Olympics content management from journalists to sports fans
- took many high street brands mobile like Interflora, HMV and Odeon
- invented social network service, “What’s Hot” launched in 5 countries (T-Mobile)
- created the media console that provides the mobile interactivity for BBC Radio listeners
- created the mobile channel for SaaS vendor Brokat who launched Smile, Co-op’s Internet bank
- trade sold Synamic from inventing a multichannel voting service called Poll Position and creating first mobile internet newsfeeds for the451
- trade sold WIN Financial with MobileMarkets, a real-time financial ticker on smartphones
- opened New York office with $1m visa for new media agency Deepgroup, providing technology strategy adding ringtones to famous pop bands websites;
Giving Africa and Cancer Central were his first philanthropic interests. Giving Africa helped kids escape poverty in Burkina Faso, West Aftrica – providing realistic, sustainable programmes of education through to vocational training. They are now part of Transform Burkina. Cancer Central is a centralised source of cancer information from point of diagnosis, treatment and beyond. It is for you, your family and friends. To date, these passions have helped raise £1.5m of funds to improve the World we live in.
Chris has chaired and spoken at many conferences.
If you’d like to contact Chris about help with your digital marketing/website, product strategy or speaking at one of your events please get in touch.