About Chris Dadd
Chris Dadd is a father of 3 and a serial entrepreneur having launched many successful internet and mobile services for blue-chip companies and start-ups around the world. Ideation, incubation and the great outdoors are his passions. He loves adventures in the mountains and has climbed many – the highest being Mount Kilimanjaro. Chris has been running his own company since 2011 and this includes website design, product strategy, team leadership and leading outdoor adventures. Over the last 2 years he’s been working with startups that are pioneering Bitcoin, Ethereum and blockchain technologies.
Chris Dadd’s achievements as an interim exec from his own innovation company and in other roles:
- won a design award for a new internet company that uses artificial intelligence to guide visitors with an avatar
- designed, created and launched more than 30 websites for companies across as many industries
- significantly grew the multi-million mobile app business for Avis Budget Group across EMEA
- diversified Ukash (now Skrill) for sale, with the first cardless cash withdrawals, money transfer with Moneygram, a prepaid travel Mastercard
- reimagined and created new digital marketing identity for YourGx payments innovation association, now known as the Emerging Payments Association
- board advisor to movylo.com, a mobile marketing promotions company
- identified £30m value for Royal Bank of Scotland Group (owns NatWest) across mobile CRM, mobile commerce (payments/remittances) and mobile advertising/marketing hub
- delivered the real-time IBM Olympics content management from journalists to sports fans
- took many high street brands mobile like Interflora, HMV and Odeon
- invented social network service, “What’s Hot” launched in 5 countries (T-Mobile)
- created the media console that provides the mobile interactivity for BBC Radio listeners
- created the mobile channel for SaaS vendor Brokat who launched Smile, Co-op’s Internet bank
- trade sold Synamic from inventing a multichannel voting service called Poll Position and creating first mobile internet newsfeeds for the451
- trade sold WIN Financial with MobileMarkets, a real-time financial ticker on smartphones
- opened New York office with $1m visa for new media agency Deepgroup, providing technology strategy adding ringtones to famous pop bands websites;
Giving Africa and Cancer Central are his philanthropic interests. Giving Africa is helping kids escape poverty in Burkina Faso, West Aftrica – providing realistic, sustainable programmes of education through to vocational training. Cancer Central is a centralised source of cancer information from point of diagnosis, treatment and beyond. It is for you, your family and friends. To date, these passions have helped raise £1.5m of funds to improve the World we live in.
Chris chairs and speaks at conferences.